Fridays are usually for the Friday Five, but since Kara nominated me for an award, today is Versatile Blogger Award Friday.
I really don’t know what the Versatile Blogger Award is, but I’m happy to have been nominated. I guess it is another way to recognize fellow bloggers; similar to the Liebster Award.
The way the Award works is, once you’ve been nominated you have to write seven things about yourself and nominate seven other bloggers you follow. So without further ado…
Seven Things About Myself
1. I have a lot of pets. I have two cats, Luna and Midnight, and I have five turtles. So including me, Kate has to deal with eight animals on a daily basis. At first I had four turtles – Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael – but then I rescued two more – Dude and Squirt. Unfortunately Raphael passed away, so now I only have five.
2. No Hablo Ingles. I came to the U.S. when I was 15 years old and didn’t speak a word of English. I had no idea what people were saying and I used to just nod and smile. To learn faster, I used to watch Sesame Street every day after school while doing my homework so I can learn basic things such as counting in English. So whenever I ordered pizza I would say, “Two. Two slices. Haw-Haw-Haw” I still don’t know why people gave me weird looks, but oh well.
3. Guitar Player. I’m by no means a guitar player, but I can play a few chords. I don’t play as often as I should now, but I pick up the guitar every once in a while and pluck a few strings. I also used to play bass in a Beatles cover band. That was fun.
4. Smell Deodorant. I have to smell the deodorant every time before I put it on to make sure it still smells good. Kate (and everybody) thinks that’s weird, but I just don’t trust deodorants. I have to make sure it still smells good before I apply it. Whatever, you’re weird too.
5. Can’t Have Wet Toes. I thought everybody did this, but apparently I’m just weird. When I get out of the shower I have to dry my toes. And I don’t mean just towel the feet dry, I mean get the towel between each toe and dry it up. Why would you want your toes to be wet? That’s just asking for fungus… in my opinion.
6. I like Rock Climbing. I’ve been rock climbing for three years at least once a week and I really enjoy it. I’m glad I found rock climbing because I dread the gym and working out in general. Rock climbing is a good workout, it is challenging, and it’s a lot of fun. You should give it a try.
7. I love to Travel. And I don’t mean just go on vacation and lay on a beach somewhere, which is also very nice, I mean I like to travel. I like to see as much of a country or place as possible. When we go on vacation we walk so freaking much that we need a vacation from our vacation.
Most of my family and friends already know these things about me so now that you also know, I guess you are now my friend too.
Nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award
Lauren at The Write Budget
Liz at Budgeting for More
Even Steven at Even Steven Money
Tonya at Budget and The Beach
Ashley at Saving Money in Your Twenties
Kalen at Money Mini Blog
Autumn at The Barefoot Budgeter
You can tell me seven things about yourself on a post or in the comments below.
For those of you who went to FinCon, have a great time. I wish I also could have made it to New Orleans… oh well, there’s always next year.