Sep 5th – Sep 11th
Welcome to another edition of The Friday Five. This is where I share what I consider the week’s top-five money related articles from around the web. There are a lot of great personal finance websites publishing amazing content daily and I feel that I must share them with you. I hope you enjoy my five favorite articles of the week.
If you haven’t, please read this week’s posts on How Much Money Do I Need To Retire and about my 50th Blog Post. Please don’t forget to follow me on Twitter, Google+, and like Million Dollar Ninja on Facebook.
In no particular order here are The Friday Five
1. The one and only Financial Samurai writes, Pay Down Debt or Invest? Implement FS DAIR. Great article and advice on when it is okay to start investing even if you have debt.
2. Brandy at Busted Budget writes, Frugal Finds: Spoons and Boxes and Cheese, Oh My! A reminder that we should all be checking those garage sales for good deals. I’m not so good at hitting up garage sales so I have probably missed that great find that could have made me rich.
3. Lauren Bowling at L Bee and The Money Tree writes, When You Shouldn’t Regret Ditching Your Retirement Savings. Sometimes it’s better to cut your loses and find something else that makes you happy.
4. Adam at Modest Money writes, Defeating Your Debt for Good. Great tips for those who are struggling to get rid of debt.
5. Sam Lustgarten at Frugaling writes, You Aren’t Frugal Enough! He relates the same problems I face when some people say I don’t spend enough, while others say I’m not frugal enough. I can’t win.
Please check out all these great articles. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
Let Them Eat Steak
I’m sorry to disappoint my vegetarian friends, but I’m a meat eater. I love me some good steak! Don’t get me wrong, I like vegetables too, but there’s nothing like a juicy, tender piece of dead cow… too much?
The only problem that I have is that whenever we buy steak, we either have to cook it right away or freeze it. But when it is frozen you have to remember to take it out of the freezer the night before so it can defrost or you are not eating steak that day.
Kate found this awesome video on The Best Way To Cook a Frozen Steak, which she posted on her food blog Babaganosh. Now we don’t have to remember to take the steak out of the freezer the night before. Do you want steak? Is it frozen? No problem!
You should really check out the video because it is just good science. And once you’re there, please check out some of her awesome recipes. She’s a pretty good cook and the reason why I don’t eat pizza and Chinese food every night.
There are a lot of recipes for vegans, vegetarians, pescatarian, and anytarians too!