July 25th – July 31st
Welcome to another edition of The Friday Five. This is where I share what I consider the week’s top-five money related articles from around the web. There are a lot of great personal finance websites publishing amazing content daily and I feel that I must share them with you. I hope you enjoy my five favorite articles of the week.
If you haven’t, please read this week’s posts on Need To Eat More Vegetables? – Join a CSA and on 1 in 3 Americans Have Debt in Collections. Please don’t forget to follow me on Twitter, Google+, and like Million Dollar Ninja on Facebook.
In no particular order here are The Friday Five
1. Autumn at The Barefoot Budgeter writes, When is it OK to Spend Money? She tried going the DIY way, but sometimes you just have to take your loses and whip out the wallet.
2. Addison Cash at Cashville Skyline writes, Why I’ve Quit My ‘Dream Job’ Sometimes you just need to move on even if it scares you.
3. Mario DebtBlag at Debt Blag writes, Why I treat my Health Savings Account like an extension of my Traditional IRA. Long title but a good read.
4. Len Penzo at Len Penzo dot Com writes, 14 “Unconventional” Money Moves that Are Smarter than You Think. A list of some personal finance moves that people tend to avoid, but sometimes shouldn’t.
5. J. Money at Budgets Are Sexy writes, It’s Not About The Money… Let me start by saying that Budgets are Sexy is hands down one of my favorite blogs and the reason is because of articles like this one. I’m not going to say anything else, just go and check out his site. Everything there is pretty good… He’s pretty funny too.
Please check out all these great articles. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
I got back from vacation about two weeks ago and I already booked my next vacation! Too soon? Not soon enough.
My siblings, our respective partners, and I are taking mamadukes on a 7-Day trip to Italy later in the year and I’m very excited about it. Now that I think about it, we haven’t been on vacation together in almost 20 years. The last time we were on a plane together was when we came to the United States in 1995! That’s a long time ago. And I really don’t think we’ve been on vacation together since we got here.
So I’m really excited about this. I’m not sure how our significant others feel about this, but I think it will turn out fine. I don’t think there will be any fighting between us because we are already adults. My mom hasn’t hit us with her ‘chancletas‘ in a long time so I think we’re good.
How about you? When was the last time you went on family vacation with your siblings and parents? How did it turn out?
[Photo by Adam Smok]