Sep 19th – Sep 25th
Welcome to another edition of The Friday Five. This is where I share what I consider the week’s top-five money related articles from around the web. There are a lot of great personal finance websites publishing amazing content daily and I feel that I must share them with you. I hope you enjoy my five favorite articles of the week.
If you haven’t, please read this week’s posts on Frugal Dates: NYC High Line and on The Surprise Cost of A Visit to The Doctor. Please don’t forget to follow me on Twitter, Google+, and like Million Dollar Ninja on Facebook.
In no particular order here are The Friday Five
1. Mr. Money Mustache writes, Lessons in Badassity from a Night in Houston. A reminder that a change in attitude can completely change your life.
2. Natalie at Financegirl writes, To Pinch Pennies or Increase Income – Which is Better? The endless discussion continues between being frugal or earning more money.
3. Hayley at Disease Called Debt writes, 5 Situations Where Getting A Payday Loan Would be Insane. Getting a payday loan in any situation is insane, but these are even more insane.
4. Travis at Enemy of Debt writes, Credit Cards are Officially NOT for Me. Another reminder of how dangerous credit card churning could turn if you don’t control yourself.
5. Stefanie at The Broke and Beautiful Life writes, In Pursuit of Millionaires: Secrets to Success. We can all be millionaires, but it won’t just happen overnight. We have to be disciplined and create good habits, and slowly but surely we’ll get there.
Please check out all these great articles. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
City of Brotherly Love
This weekend Kate, myself and our good friend K-to-the-J-to-the-M are going to visit Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love!
I’ve been living basically around the corner from Philly (~1 hour away) for almost 20 years, but have never been there. Why? I really don’t know.
I’m very excited because I’ve heard a lot of good things about Philly. Our plan is to arrive Saturday before noon and stay there until Sunday. I know it’s not a lot of time, but that’s all we can do at the moment. I hope it is enough time to do some sightseeing – at least the Liberty Bell and the “Rocky steps” (that’s what I call them).
If any of you have some suggestions on where we should go, please let me know. We’re also open to suggestions on places to eat at a reasonable price.
There are so many great cities on the northeast and I only had been to New York City. I finally went to Boston earlier this year and now on to Philly! I should really visit every major city in the U.S. I think that would be kind of cool.
Oh, one more thing… yes, I will try to have a Philly Cheesestake. And yes, I’m running up the Rocky steps while listening to the theme song. See bad quality video below for inspiration.
Have you ever been to the city of brotherly love?