Aug 1st – Aug 7th
Welcome to another edition of The Friday Five. This is where I share what I consider the week’s top-five money related articles from around the web. There are a lot of great personal finance websites publishing amazing content daily and I feel that I must share them with you. I hope you enjoy my five favorite articles of the week.
If you haven’t, please read this week’s posts on 9 Signs You Need a Vacation and on Is it Better to Buy or Rent? Please don’t forget to follow me on Twitter, Google+, and like Million Dollar Ninja on Facebook.
In no particular order here are The Friday Five
1. Nicola at The Frugal Cottage writes, Why Teamwork is Important: Running a Successful Household. I like this article because at our house we have a pretty good system going… Kate cooks and I eat. Heehee. Just kidding, she eats too.
2. Kara at The Daily Whisk writes, Thoughts on A Year Without Cable. We haven’t had cable in over a year as well and it has been pretty good. I don’t think I’ll go back for a while.
3. Pauline at Make Money Your Way writes, How Much Does Your Dream Job Have to Pay You To Quit Your Day Job? Good question for those thinking about following their passion.
4. Mr. 1500 at 1500 Days writes, Frugalsaurus and The American Money Trap. Similar to the Indian Monkey Trap, but for humans.
5. Shannon Ryan at The Heavy Purse writes, Build a Healthy Relationship With Your Wants. Let’s face it, we all have wants, and how we manage those wants is the difference between going into debt or being debt free.
Please check out all these great articles. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
My Cats Are Weird
As many of you know, I have two cats, Luna and Midnight, and they are the best cats in the world. I know you think I’m biased because they are MY cats, but they really are pretty awesome. They’re friendly, loving, they like people, they don’t break things, they’re not picky with their food, and they’re not annoying. Overall, pretty good cats.
However, they do some weird things.
(Warning: The following might be “too much information.” Proceed with caution)
Okay now, personally I don’t like to be in the bathroom when other people are doing their business in there. That’s just the way I am. If you’re in the bathroom and you are anywhere near a squat, I just don’t need to be there.
Not my cats.
For some strange reason, my cats like to be in the bathroom with me when I’m taking care of business, but the strangest thing is that they don’t go in there together, or for every event.
I’m getting old, so I usually have to go pee once in the middle of the night and since I don’t want to lose my sleepy face, I tend to sit to pee. Apparently this is Luna’s favorite time of the day.
She comes in, purrs, rubs herself around my legs, tries to get inside my boxers when they are around my ankles, drools a little bit, and then lays down in front of me belly-up so I can rub her belly. She absolutely loves it when I’m sitting on the toilet in the middle of the night peeing. That’s just weird.
To Luna’s credit, she only does this when I’m peeing in the middle of the night, she really doesn’t do it any other time. Midnight on the other hand, takes it to whole new level.
(I’ll warn you again: It gets worse. Proceed with more caution)
Midnight loves it when I’m in the bathroom doing #2. For those of you who don’t know how to count, that means pooping. Yes folks, she likes it. If she’s outside the bathroom and the door is closed, she scratches on the door and cries so I let her in. Once she’s inside, instead of running away like a normal living being with nostrils, she decides to rub herself on my legs, stands up on her hind legs and starts licking my arms, and does everything in her power to try to jump on my lap… No Midnight, you cannot jump on my lap at this moment.
Sometimes, she even jumps on the bathroom sink so she can jump on my back and lay across my shoulders while I’m sitting on my throne.
The funny thing is that when I’m done, she turns around and stands facing the corner where the bathtub meets the wall and sits there for a while, probably ashamed of what she has done. You should be ashamed Midnight, what you’re doing is just wrong!
They’re weird but I love my kitties a lot. I just wish they let me do my thing in peace.
Do you have pets or children who do weird things?